A few characters in Hunter × Hunter are shown to use animals as a form of weaponry. This could be due to the fact that they are manipulators or simply because they have tamed the animals. Some of these animals are:
- Bees: Ponzu carries bees underneath her big round hat. They emerge and attack her enemies when threatened and she can also use them as message carriers.
- Snakes: Used by the snake charmer Bourbon, these snakes attack anyone Bourbon orders them to. He can also have them hide and attack when the enemy gets close to their master.
- Birds: Similar to Squala's ability, Cluck's ability is to control an undetermined number of birds.
- Leeches: Used by the Shadow Beast Leech, who keeps them in his body. They can be used for medical purposes as well as a deadly weapon.
- Small creatures (especially insects): Sayird emits an aura ball at a small living being (no bigger than a hamster) and he can manipulate it, seeing and hearing through the animal. Kurapika's Steal Chain and Stealth Dolphin allowed Sayird's Nen ability (Little Eye) to be also used by Queen Oito once to control a cockroach.