While interrogating the other bodyguards, Kurapika reveals that the true nature of the voyage was a Succession War between the Princes of the Kakin Empire. Several guards admit to being aware of this, and also confess to not being fully aligned with Prince Woble. They explain that 7 bodyguards were assigned to keep tabs on Prince Woble; one from each higher-ranked queen. While they are assigned to keep Woble alive, they must make sure that Woble does not become a threat to their clients. One guard divulges the seed urn ceremony, which gave Woble a parasite egg that would hatch into a Guardian Spirit Beast. Kurapika theorizes that one of the murdered guards had tried to act on his own, and the Guardian Spirit Beast reacted to him. However, the other guards disprove this by saying that the amount of time since Woble received the egg (one month) was too short for her to master Nen to such a degree. All of a sudden, some Guardian Spirit Beasts start crawling over the Nen-oblivious guards, and the room becomes infested with Guardian Spirit Beasts. Kurapika contacts his fellow Hunters, but they all state there's nothing abnormal going on. Kurapika realizes that the princes themselves are unaware of the Guardian Spirit Beasts. Kurapika asks Bill if the parasite-type Nen acts like a curse, to which Bill confirms. Bill decides that he and Kurapika must be more open to each other. The Guardian Spirit Beasts have disappeared, except for one sticking to Sayird, influencing him to murder the other guards. He goes to kill the other two, but Kurapika prepares to fight him.
- Kurapika informs everyone in the room about the succession battle. Only the royal guards knew about it beforehand.
- Multiple Guardian Spirit Beasts appear in Prince Woble's quarters.
- Kurapika reveals his name in an emergency call using all channels. He announces that multiple Nen beasts appeared in his quarter.
- The princes are not aware of the Guardian Spirit Beasts' existence.
- The Guardian Spirit Beasts are parasitic type.
- Bill suggests there are 3 ways for Queen Oito and Prince Woble to escape the threats of the succession battle.
- Sayird is controlled by a Guardian Spirit Beast which influences him to kill Kurton and the two remaining royal guards.
- Kurapika plans to restrain Sayird without killing him.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
|v • e||Succession Contest arc|
|Chapters:||349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390|
|Anime 1999:||List of Episodes (1999 series)|
|Anime 2011:||List of Episodes (2011 series)|