A Hunter License (
A Hunter license looks similar to a credit card, but slightly thicker and with an inbuilt computer chip. The front shows the licensee's Hunter rank, while the back has a magnetic strip with a unique serial number that identifies each individual to their license. The card's magnetic strip also allows it to be swiped through machines to verify its authenticity and to access special services.
Upon passing the Hunter Exam, candidates will receive a standard Hunter License. However, Hunters can be awarded with stars and entitled to different licenses issued by the Hunter Association for significant contributions to society.
- 1 Star (Single-Star Hunter) - Given to Hunters who have produced remarkable achievements in a particular field.
- 2 Stars (Double-Star Hunter) - Given to Hunters who fulfill the first 5 articles of the Hunter Bylaws, who hold an official position and who have mentored at least one junior student who has received one star.
- 3 Stars (Triple-Star Hunter) - Given to Hunters who fulfill the first 6 articles of the Hunter Bylaws and who have produced remarkable achievements in multiple fields. This is the rarest and most difficult rank to obtain, and it is considered a great honor. Of the hundreds of Hunters in the Hunter Association, the number of Triple-Star Hunters is only about 10.
Being licensed as an official Hunter bestows a number of desirable benefits on the licensee. Because of this, huge numbers of people register for the licensing exam, which is held only once per year, even though fatalities among the exam takers are common, and even expected. The first and foremost benefit is the recognition a license holder can enjoy, being one of the few in the world who owns a license. Hunters are commonly seen at the head of whatever field they pursue, and experienced Hunters are virtually guaranteed lucrative offers of employment from people or organizations seeking the most capable agents possible.
There are also many material benefits to being a licensed Hunter, which include:
- 95% of all public facilities can be used at no cost. Furthermore, all such services are provided at first class.
- Unrivaled freedom to travel around the world. Access is granted to about 90% of countries which normally restrict the entry of outsiders, and access to 75% of areas that the general public is restricted or even prohibited from entering.
- Reduced legal responsibility for murder. However, a Hunter can be prosecuted after repeated acts of murder without justification or if they attack the envoy of a person with political authority.
- The ability to sell the Hunter License as a valuable collector's item. Though only the original owner of a Hunter License can take advantage of its normal benefits, it can be still sold for enough money to support the seller's family for at least 7 generations or to guarantee lifetime material comfort.
- The ability to use the license as collateral for a zero-interest loan of 100 million at any bank.
- Access to the secret Hunters-only Website, where secret intelligence about various subjects, uploaded by other Hunters, can be purchased.
- The ability to hire convicts under conditions of absolute obedience, with the possibility of shortening their sentences. This power extends to death-row convicts, whom the Hunter or a proxy of theirs can execute on the spot should they violate any terms of the agreement.
- Exemption from certain educational and professional degree requirements.
- The privilege to bypass certain age-restricted laws.
Only the original recipient of the license has access to the privileges of a Hunter, meaning someone who buys or steals a license will not receive any special benefits.
- The last three digits of a Hunter License number invariably signify the Hunter Exam's term/year in which the owner of the card became a Hunter.