Mantis, like his name-sake, has the appearance of an oversized mantis with long hair. He wears pant sleeves on both of his legs.
Chimera Ant arcEdit
When all of the Chimera Ant Squadron Leaders are summoned by the Chimera Ant Queen to assemble to her, Mantis does so. The Queen announces that she will solely focus on giving birth to the King and orders them to bring her fifty humans a day. Also, due to a request by a Turtle Chimera Ant, they obtain permission to choose names for themselves. With Netero, Morel, and Knov hunting the Chimera Ants surrounding the nest, it was revealed that Mantis is one of the fourteen Squadron Leaders to be left alive. Soon after the supposed death of their Queen, Hagya declared that all of the Chimera Ants should become their own respective Kings and Queens, a majority of Chimera Ants (Mantis included), agreed. Since going independent, Mantis wanders some unknown place.
Abilities & PowersEdit
Being a Squadron Leader, Mantis is physically stronger than any average human or, presumably, Chimera Ant soldier. According to his hierarchical position, he has authority over 4-5 Officers and several dozen Peon soldiers. His body is considerably durable, since a punch from a Nen-using Rammot did not leave him with any permanent or visible injury.
- The character's true name was never given in the manga nor in the 2011 anime adaptation.
Translations around the WorldEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 19, Chapter 188
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 21, Chapter 206
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 21, Chapter 214
- ↑ Hunter × Hunter - Volume 21, Chapter 216
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 20, Chapter 204
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 19, Chapter 198