Just trying to help Edit
Trying to fix the reference but ahh its all messed up now. Sorry for the multiple edits I realize I should have previewed.
What's people's opinions on the use of Freecss vs. Freaks?
- Freaks just doesn't sound right to me. It should stay Freecss. Skyzod324 02:15, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Not to mention that "Freaks" is wrong to begin with. It's officially romanized "Freecss" in both the Japanese and English versions. Mr. Toto 18:06, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I prefer Freecss...=) -juvie03 06:21, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
Gon's Age Edit
Though Gon would be 13 according to real-world time, chapter 316 states him to be twelve still. We can only assume that he hasn't aged due to Nen. Mr. Toto 15:28, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I think we should go by chronological age to make the wiki consistent. Even if Gon was 12 biologically, it has been more than 13 years since his birth. This is a fact and not a speculation. Even though the doctor in chapter 316 says that he's 12, he may have been talking about Gon's biological age, or this might also be a mistake that Togashi made. In any case I wouldn't take the words of a complete stranger to Gon seriously.
- If we adopt the biological age approach to Gon's case, I don't know how we should deal with Biscuit, whose body has 2 vastly different physical states. Then there're also many other highly skilled Nen users who must be younger than their chronological age. So I'm going to put Gon's chronological age back in the info box and create an 'Age confusion' section in the main article. Foreva 23:06, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm still somewhat apprehensive about calling Gon 13-years-old. Remember when he went on a date with Palm? Chronologically, he should have been thirteen when it occurred. But the infobox still listed him as 12. To be honest, I think that he just hasn't aged yet. I get the feeling that Togashi is gearing up for a timeskip sometime soon, so he's keeping his protagonist twelve until he can move forward. Mr. Toto 17:13, December 14, 2011 (UTC)
Hi everyone, i think it's better if we write it on trivia, i already do it but if it's not ok anyone can change it and sorry for trouble. THANKS Small brother 17:56, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think that the "age confusion" section is necessary--it sort of makes the article less readable. The only issue I have with listing Gon's age as 13 is that it's never been explicitly stated in any form of media. I think that Gon's doctor would at least be able to get his age right. So it's either a mistake on Togashi's part or Gon hasn't aged for some reason. Mr. Toto 16:26, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I absolutely agree with you. THANKS Small brother 05:55, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Before you make any numerical change. I suggest that you check the manga. In this case, it's page 138, volume 1. Gon says: 'I'm almost 12.' i.e he is 11 and xx months. Foreva 17:47, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
Hunter Exam Plot Edit
I think that the plot section on the first few hunter exam phases needs to be trimmed down to take out extra information that doesn't relate to Gon. Would anyone mind if I did this?
And is there a page on the wiki where such in-depth plot summary could be posted instead?
188.8.131.52 00:29, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm in agreement. I was working on it a few weeks ago, but real life tends to make things more busy. Mr. Toto 04:23, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
Ok now I think the quote used at the top here is a rather excellent summary of Gon's character. I probably would have done something about wanting to become a hunter. But I think this is even better because I do think above all else that Gon is stubborn.
Skyrim Reference Edit
On the 3rd episode of Hunter x Hunter, Gon said "A Single Arrow in the Knee" in the next episode preview, I Lole'd at it (BTW Can u put it on the Trivia Section, Arrow in the knee is an overused meme from the game Skyrim) -ShoopasMahWhoopas
About Gon's name in malay in the Trivia section Edit
Hey you guys, I wanna edit the page but apparently its been locked. I just wanna correct Gon's name in malay. You said "Gon Si Pelik(The Weird Gon)"<----- You're makin him sound like an object. The correct one should be Gon the weirdo
Gon's age Edit
I saw a discussion recently about Gon's age at the beginning. He is actually 11 and not 12. The line where he tells Killua his age is "もうすぐ 12 さい" which means "I'll be 12 soon". You can see for yourself at page volume 1 page 138 .
184.108.40.206 02:29, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Same person from before. I'll note this also clears up the discrepency with the manga stating Gon's age is 12 during the early part of Chimera Ant. Gon's birthday is in May, so (assuming May had not passed yet) he'd still be 12 when he went on a date with Palm. As to whether or not he's 13 currently, that would depend on whether May had passed by the end of the Election Arc.
Gon's hair. Edit
In the manga, his hair seems to be just straight-up green. http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36500000/Hunter-x-Hunter-image-hunter-x-hunter-36584752-1440-720.jpg
I think Gon's hair in the anime is a very very dark green, and has the light green tinge on the ends, on some images from the anime if you use a Color Picker tool from a paint program the color will be in the green sector but very close to the black sector.
Gon's Category List Edit
Gon's power Vs. Pitou = Unfinished "On" contract (converted to Nen by the Chairman) in the Last Mission Movie. Edit
My Points to consider:
1. Gon's aura before defeating Jed was similar when he was fighting Pitou in "Taguro mode".
2. What Gon's final words to Jed after defeating him sounds so strangely familiar to Gon > Kite relationship, about how helping friends, and failing to help friends, etc.
3. On the movie after Chairman was released and he used his power to assist Gon, the Purple Kanji symbol was removed from Gon's body BUT was converted to Gold, THEN returned to his body, suggesting maybe that the dormant contract was converted from ON to NEN... That contract was used unintentionally against the fight with Pitou.
4. While fighting Pitou, Gon is on REVENGE MODE, which is a part of how the original contract worked when it was "ON"
5. While fighting Pitou, although Gon appeared to have Gold Aura, there are times that streaks of purple and evil appears.
6. after Gon was hospitalized EP140, streaks of purple Aura is hovering over his head, maybe suggesting that the contract is originally the dormant "on"
7. On the movie it was mentioned that once you acquired the power of ON by contract, you can handle all types of NEN Types..... On Gon's case, Maybe what Chairman only did to the movie was convert Gon's On Contract to Nen. If so, since the contract was converted to Nen, and Gon was an ENHANCER, the originally ON contract OVERBOOSTED his enhancing capability, hence, his appearance and soo soo brute strength.
8. The movie definitely occurs after Gon and Killua met Kite. Most probably, the Chimera Ant problem was not yet prevalent, so most definitely Kite was not yet killed.
Gon's Nen typeEdit
The Nen category is self-contradictory. At first it's mentioned that "Gon is an Enhancer leaning towards Transmutation", and further down in the Nen abilities, "Scissors" says that Gon has a problem using the technique because he's leaning towards "Emission" this time. The second one should be corrected, as Bisky says it's Transmutation he's leaning in.Scopper Gaban (talk) 18:02, November 9, 2015 (UTC)
Two trivia points Edit
I don't think this one needs discussion, but Gon's birthday is a holiday , so I'm gonna go ahead and add that to the page. However, the second one is a little bit more speculatory, here goes:
"Gon's use of zetsu prior to his training with Wing would qualify him to be considered a nen genius, as he discovered and utilized a nen technique before being taught it."
Gon's age reviewed againEdit
No where does it state he's 14, this seems to be a fan invention to explain the retconned timeline. The narrator states hes 12 in chapter 220 and again by the doctor in chapter 316. I believe this should be changed to the correct age. Hiatusxhiatus2 November 11, 2016 (UTC)
According to the translated manga, yes it would seem that you're indeed correct that the doc in the Chairman Selection arc did state that Gon is still 12. Good spot, but I am not sure how we're supposed to tackle it. We should wait for other more experienced editors to clear it out. "I Want a Stand" by me (talk) 10:11, November 13, 2016 (UTC)
The anime that was officially translated with episode 336 has the doctor say he is 12, along with the unofficial manga translation. Same goes with the narrator episodes earlier. I'm assuming the official Viz translation would then most likely go along with both. I'm unclear why you would keep an unsourced age, to one that has an official translated source? And I believe all the other characters ages should be kept to their original official sources, not fan interpretation of what their ages could be, if the timeline were not retconned. Hiatusxhiatus2 November 13, 2016 (UTC)
He's basically the Ash Ketchum of HXH. It's obvious in the timeline that years have passed since the 287th Hunter Examination, but the characters still consider his age as 12. 04:51,11/14/2016
It's called a retcon. There's been two years passed, but the characters haven't aged. It's quite evident when they've stated Gon's age twice, with time passing. The author is the objective source. Our interpretations are merely subjective. Nevertheless, we need to change it to the correct age, not fan interpretation. Hiatusxhiatus2 November 13, 2016 (UTC)
Emission mathematics doesn't add upp Edit
Starting at one's own aura type, one has the potential to be 100% efficient at using abilities based in that category alone. Then looking at the category chart (see right), one has the potential to be 80% efficient... is what is stated in Nen article. 'So Due to Gon being an Enhancer and Paper requiring Emission, a different Nen type, it has 'less than one fourth of the power of Rock. It should be around 3/4 (three fourths) if we're going that way- although 4/5 is 80%. Just look at it logically. If adjacent category is so useless (only 1/4) why would people even bother (waste time) to learn other categories - look at Kastro and his strength (1/4 doesn't make sense). At least a note should be included; sth like "at the moment of first use" or "he is at the stage where his emission power is only 1/4" Rizgubi (talk) 12:29, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
Possible plothole Edit
Originally, he exhibited greater skills in Emission than in Transmutation, but by the time he met Kite in NGL, he had become more proficient in the latter category than in the former, as evidenced by his Hatsu abilities.
I'm having trouble with that. While on Greed Island he wasn't practicing transmutation instead he was practicing emission. Didn't even have the idea for transmutation attack (asked Biscuit for advice). Immediately after GI he is transported to Kite. When did he " become more proficient in transmutation"? When did he "exhibited greater skills in emission than in transmutation"? I cannot recall and it smells like a HUGE plothole. - from anime standpoint Rizgubi (talk) 23:34, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
Main Quote Edit
I found a reference for the "I can't stand being on the losing end forever!!" quote. Which one do you think fits Gon best, that one or the current one? Martialmaniac (talk) 20:08, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
- The one above is better, maybe it encompasses more of what we've seen of the character so far. The current phrase is more a reflection on his journey up to that moment. --Gorgo616 (talk) 06:05, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah. It does correlate to HxH as a whole (journey over result), and it makes explicit something that's been there all along, but I see why you would think Gon's thirst for power is more representative of him. I also added other quotes, in case we want to expand our options. Martialmaniac (talk) 20:01, April 19, 2018 (UTC)