The Xi-Yu Family (
Succession Contest arc
Members of the Xi-Yu Family boarded the Black Whale in order to secure territory on the New Continent. The boss is a VIP on Tier 1 of the ship. The underlings are scheming to whittle down the numbers of the two rival families, Heil-Ly and Cha-R, until landfall. They control Tier 4 and earn profits from human trafficking as well as the exchange of goods.
After a phone call with Brocco Li, Onior orders his Underboss, Hinrigh Biganduffno, to find Hisoka before the Phantom Troupe. More than 300 members were killed over the next few days, suspicions for which fall on the Heil-Ly Family.
The Xi-Yu Family is the one with the most members in Kakin, and at the start of the voyage, it used to count over 300 of them. It is unknown how many are left.
- Taken together, the katakana of the three Mafia families form "Shūeisha", the company responsible for the publication of Weekly Shōnen Jump and of Hunter × Hunter.
- The crest bears resemblance to the kanji for "to surround" (周), which can be pronounced like the first part of the family's name ("shū").
- It is also the kanji used for the homophonous Nen technique.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 36, Chapter 371
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Hunter × Hunter - Volume 36, Chapter 378
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hunter × Hunter, Chapter 384
|Families||Buor Family • Cha-R Family • Heil-Ly Family • Nostrade Family • Ritz Family • Xi-Yu Family|
|Independent/Unknown affiliation mafiosi||Bean • Rottfelli • Trink • Zenji|
|Individuals||Unnamed Hacker • Conditional Auction Announcer|